Tanjung Aru, Kota Kinabalu

Tanjung Aru, Kota Kinabalu

Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Year Party at Yeoh KK's

Last night, I attended a pre New Year party at Yeoh's place in Springfield Condominium. There were 12 of us - Yeoh & wife, Oia & wife, Cass & bf, Chun Meng & gf, Lam, Wei Keong, Shing Wei and myself.

Since Yeoh moved into this place about 3 years ago, New Year party is an annual event. Throughout these 3 years, there are only 3 constants to this party - Yeoh, myself and the alcohol.

The party started off with a short mah-jong training session and barbeque. Yeoh & wife made all the food. There were Devil's eye, salad, barbequed ham/bacon with "kai lan" stem, chicken ball and others. Good food. Thanks Yeoh!

Wei Keong also bought some cheese cakes from Secret Recipe. There were good and my favourite is apple crumble cheesecake. I hope I got the cake name right. Thanks Wei Keong!

Later, as the girls were enjoying themselves at the mah-jong table, the guys adjourned to play "in-between"card game. I was not very lucky and always "kena tiang" and seems to be eagerly distributing my wealth.

By 11pm, after 4.5 bottles of Tiger beer and half-pint of cognac with Chinese tea, I was already pissed. In the next minute, I was already sleeping soundly on the sofa, leaving the gang to battle it out in the game.

I left slightly after 12 midnight.

No comments: