Tanjung Aru, Kota Kinabalu

Tanjung Aru, Kota Kinabalu

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Blood donation at Penang Hui Yin Seh

I have been donating blood regularly since my university days. To date, I made 14 donations, with the most recent being this morning.
.

Today, I arrived at HYS at 9.30am, after 'squeezing' my car through the narrow alleys. I was slightly early, so there was no problem finding parking. Two things are a bit unusual though.

.
One, Yee Ping's mom was standing by the road-side, sort of directing traffic. I thought that is her assignment for the day, a change from her usual ushering role, but apparently that is not the case.

.
Two, Yee Ping was not at her usual position in front of the PC, busy printing certificates. Instead, she was running around aimlessly. Later only I know that she was due to give a speech during a cheque presentation ceremony by Lions Club. I missed that. Too bad!

.
Anyway, I went ahead for registration, then have my blood pressure and blood type checked. Everything seems normal and got a nod to proceed with the blood donation. Found a bed at the Lam Wah Ee Hospital section, waiting to be drained.

.
Many asked, aren't you afraid of the needles? Not at all! In fact, it is quite enjoyable to me. Huh? You will get an idea after viewing the below.


After losing 450 ml of blood and quite a heavy brunch, I left HYS feeling contend for my effort. Well, this might be the last time I ever step into HYS again. Good bye and thanks for the memory!

2 comments:

Pikaping said...

wow.. that's fast.. Haha! THanks for your blood. Well done!

Pikaping said...

Hi, I uploaded your blood donation video into the blog of my friend, here's the link,
The River of Life
It's all about donating blood. :)