Tanjung Aru, Kota Kinabalu

Tanjung Aru, Kota Kinabalu

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Life can be unpredictable

As I was driving across Penang Bridge on last Friday night, my friend, TY got a call. The conversation over the phone didn't sound pleasant and I was thinking something awful must have happened. And I was right. His best friend, Peter, passed away, at age 23.

Fast-forward to today. TY sent me this link: http://mybuddypeter.googlepages.com/home, which is dedicated to Peter. I browsed through this in the office and found that there is nothing much to read about, except for some condolences and pictures of Peter and friends. So, I packed and I went home.

As I was deciding what to blog about for the past 30 minutes, I visited the dedication page to Peter again. This time, I noticed that there are links to other blogs at the bottom of the page. Out of curiosity, I clicked on each link...

They are posts from Peter's friends. After going through them, I realized that Peter was very highly regarded by his friends and he touched their lives in one way or another. A good chap. And that got me thinking...

How am I in the eyes of my friends, or so-call 'friends'?

RIP Peter.

No comments: