Tanjung Aru, Kota Kinabalu

Tanjung Aru, Kota Kinabalu

Friday, March 7, 2008

Malaysia Decides 2008

Although I am not physically located on Malaysian soil, I do follow closely on news and happenings en-route to the big day tomorrow. And I would like to share this piece of opinion: http://www.malaysiakini.com/opinions/78994, from Malaysia Kini website. This is just part 1 of 3.

Yesterday, I attended Macroeconomics lecture, focusing on GDP and productivity. As the lecturer was going through examples on South East Asia nations, Malaysia was not one of them. We looked at Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, Indonesia and the Philippines. And I have this question in my mind:

Back home, Malaysian economy growth for the past few decades was lauded as the best in the region, but it seems that, it is not even worth being mentioned as an example. What does that say?

Well, I know, this is lame as those are just examples. But this question just stick to my mind, until now!

Please...vote wise-rocket-ly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am not sure if your comment on Macroeconomics had any relationship with the Jual Mahal article you tagged.

Anyways, your lecturer might have left out your home country for some reasons. Was it because RM was previously pegged to USD? I don't think currency pegging impacts fiscal policy though. The Malaysia BLR fluctuated over the years as Bank Negara performs contractionary/expansionary steps.

Perhaps you can ask your lecturer's opinion on Malaysia's macroeconomy? I would be interested to hear your lecturer's opinion.