Tanjung Aru, Kota Kinabalu

Tanjung Aru, Kota Kinabalu

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Food, food, food ....it's all about food today

Early this morning ... went to West End Market with KC and Raymond. Quite an effort, as I need to walk, take citycat, take bus and walk again. But it's worth the effort as I get to save a bit for fresh vegetables, fruits and meat. West End Market is only open on Saturdays. This morning, I think I bought 2-3 weeks of supply with $30. Here are some pictures of West End Market.



In the afternoon, I went to Sunnybanks' 小台北 with Jessica and 丁丁. I have to take 3 buses to get there. Argh. And I spent close to $70 here on Chinese sundries, e.g. red dates, herbal soups, mug beans, red beans and ingredient for "tong sui". Sounds expensive? But that's for probably 2-3 months. So, I guess it's alright. Here is a "group photo".

After all the hardwork, I cooked myself a nice, decent meal. Really happy ... and I bought some Oolong tea. Just told Yee Ping that I am enjoying the tea from my beloved tea pot that I bought from Japan. It completes me ... sounds familiar?


2 comments:

Pikaping said...

haha.. tot you were only drinking tea.. didn't know you cook yourself such a sumptous meal! Well Done! Looks so yummy...i can feel myself salivating... i guessed it's well worth all the hard work.. wow.. 3 busses!

Anonymous said...

Hehe...great job dude!
Looks like you enjoy cooking. Well, this is just the beginning! :D