Tanjung Aru, Kota Kinabalu

Tanjung Aru, Kota Kinabalu

Friday, February 29, 2008

Three "first" in Brisbane

First shopping spree. Went to DFO (Direct Factory Outlet) at 1 Airport Road. A 2-hour journey, one way . It was not planned, I just suddenly decide to go after lunch because of my need for some sport apparels. After a 3-hour shopping spree, I spent AUD130 on a pair of Fila running shoes, 2 shirts, 2 shorts for sports and another 2 for classes (yes, we can wear short pants to lectures here). How I wish I was earning AUD for the past few years ... sigh.
URL: http://www.dfo.com.au/

First citycat ride at night. What's a citycat? It is a "ferry taxi" and it operates along Brisbane river near the city. I have taken citycat numerous times, but this is the first after dark. It was nice, especially when the cold wind blows over my face while the boat sped through the river. The scenery was beautiful, and it was a bit romantic, except that I was not with anyone. Well, I guess I could imagine.
URL: http://www.translink.com.au/qt/TransLin.nsf/index/ferry_main

First time eating Nando's outside Malaysia. Well, nothing much to say, as it is the same. But there is another "first" - I met my other housemate, Scott, for the first time. He just came back from holiday in Europe. While having dinner, Leon (my other housemate), invited me to a cricket game between Australia and India next Tuesday, but I can't make it. Have classes. Perhaps next time.

Cricket, I have no idea what it is. Took a crash course using Wikipedia just moments ago, but I guess I need to watch the game to understand. Well, it is one of the most popular sports in Australia. So, I better learn up.
URL: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket

2 comments:

**Shih Nyien** said...

Read your blog, finally :p
Enjoy and fast fast find someone for the romantic citycat ride :D

Anonymous said...

hey, who is in your mind when you are enjoying the romantic citycat ride?hehe...
anyway, hope to hear more from you about the island.